Job Openings (Agency with Ford)

Open forum for all to discuss anything and everything non-game related..

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Job Openings (Agency with Ford)

Post#1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm

I have two job openings on my team right now:

1. Data Center Network Planner (Consultant level) - Looking for strong Cisco, F5, Nexus, any software defined networking (SDN), Server virtualization, familiarity with cloud technologies, microservices, containers, etc. This is a planning position with a focus on the deployment and implementation side of things. We are building two brand new greenfield Data Centers and are filling them with many state-of-the-art, bleeding edge infrastructure technologies. Familiarity with industry standards around high bandwidth Ethernet connectivity - 10/25/40/50/100G and probably looking at 400G within 3-5 years.

Bonus skills include industry certs (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, F5-CA, VCP, etc.), DWDM, deep OSPF/BGP skills, and a strong understanding of Enterprise Architectures and Industry processes (TOGAF, ITIL).

2. Data Center Structured Cabling Planner (Practitioner Level) - RCDD certification preferred, but work experience that includes strong skills in fiber and twisted pair cabling - Cat5e, Cat6a, Cat7, MMF/SMF, OM4, OM5, SFP+, SFP28, QSFP+, QSFP28, CFP, MPO/MTP. Experiences should include installation of cabling, terminations, working with Union electricians to coordinate installs, cabinet placements, familiarity with power feeds and plug/receptacle types, Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) & BMS requirements, OSP work, cable testing with OTDR and other equipment, splicing, etc.

There are actually (2) openings for reach position. Two of them would be working for me, two would be working with our other Data Center Network Planning team. Presently there are 12 of us between the two teams (inc. the other supervisor and me). Three Network planners and two Structured Cabling planners each.

College Degrees are not required but are desirable if direct employment is a goal eventually.

Looking to fill these ASAP. Tier One Suppliers in no particular order are Fast Switch, TekSystems, and Epitec.

Chad, Jason, or I can help with contact information if there is interest.

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Re: Job Openings (Agency with Ford)

Post#2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I haven't been to the boards in a while, so if there are new people here, these positions are in Dearborn, MI.

Return to “Off the Wall”