The Division

This forum is to talk geek-like about games ... have fun.

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

User avatar
Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?
Posts: 5005

Post#16 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 am

buddy of mine was wanting me to pick this up on xbox one, we've been following it for awhile but theres just no way i can commit to more than one night a week to do anything :cry:
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
Posts: 6819

Post#17 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG8M-ID8p1o

I've been watching a lot of Twitch on this and the game looks really good.

User avatar
Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3655

Post#18 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:34 am

I really do want to like this game but it's getting a lot of heat for pretty much 0 end game. So once you're geared in a few weeks there is nothing to do.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

Zakfin
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3332

Post#19 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:40 am

Khasz wrote:I really do want to like this game but it's getting a lot of heat for pretty much 0 end game. So once you're geared in a few weeks there is nothing to do.


Hmm.. Never heard of another game doing that before....

When are these companies going to learn to work backwards....
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="rift guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/38911_1c8570feff5d96e4.png"></a>
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="rift guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/38912_d55e352fe55b99fc.png"></a>

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
Posts: 6819

Post#20 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 pm

I picked it up tonight- a bunch of folks that I used to play Eve with have been playing and really like it. So I decided to jump in with them.

End game - for people with full time jobs, I'm sure there is plenty of content to keep us busy. There are 3 xpacks planned within the next year, so I'm less concerned with how much content and more concerned with if I'll be able to do it if I don't have a steady group.

I'm sure most of the complaining comes from the hardcore streamers that play 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. With how extreme these people are, no game will ever be able to keep them busy AND be accessible to an ordinary human with a life.

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
Posts: 6819

Post#21 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Of course, there were plenty of people that made this same complaint in DAoC and WoW and we were having a blast, because for us, PvP was the end game (which is what the Dark Zone is for in The Division).

User avatar
Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3655

Post#22 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Tourniquet wrote:Of course, there were plenty of people that made this same complaint in DAoC and WoW and we were having a blast, because for us, PvP was the end game (which is what the Dark Zone is for in The Division).


Lirik played it for about 40 hours and was completely decked out with gear. I could do that in 3 weeks. You played in the Dark Zones right? It was pretty shitty in beta. Plus having played plenty of Gears of War PVP myself this style of game isn't fun for PVP. I guess overall my problem is paying $60 for this game when I have plenty of other games to play. Bring on Overwatch in May!
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

User avatar
Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
Posts: 1557

Post#23 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:19 am

Tourniquet wrote:...I'm less concerned with how much content and more concerned with if I'll be able to do it if I don't have a steady group.


This is the main point that keeps me away from the game. A good group would make current and future progression fun, and PvP in the Dark Zones a blast. This is the type of game that seems absolutely horrible to play solo for any length of time.
I got nothin' clever to say.

User avatar
Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2547
Contact:

Post#24 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 am

Khasz wrote:
Tourniquet wrote:Of course, there were plenty of people that made this same complaint in DAoC and WoW and we were having a blast, because for us, PvP was the end game (which is what the Dark Zone is for in The Division).


.....Bring on Overwatch in May!


Umm... how about Doom?! and wtf is up with Camelot Unchained?!
Image

User avatar
Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3655

Post#25 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Mustangz wrote:
Khasz wrote:
Tourniquet wrote:Of course, there were plenty of people that made this same complaint in DAoC and WoW and we were having a blast, because for us, PvP was the end game (which is what the Dark Zone is for in The Division).


.....Bring on Overwatch in May!


Umm... how about Doom?! and wtf is up with Camelot Unchained?!


Doom deathmatch looks awesome. Reminds me a lot of Halo.

Camelot Unchained is still on schedule this year but I haven't heard much about it on any gaming news sites. Looks like they are fairly active on Twitch / Twitter / Facebook though.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

User avatar
Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?
Posts: 5005

Post#26 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:15 pm

overwatch = yuck

part of me wants to believe that since its blizzard trying to branch off from its major three titles, theyll actually put forth the effort but nothing ive seen interests me. it looks like disney and pixar made a fps.

anyways. the game looks good kev and i have a buddy i work at the dam with thats been playing it and he seems to like it. ive been super busy working on my house and yard and shit that i havent had much time to play but if i end up getting it anytime soon ill let you know.

did you buy it for PC i guess? my buddy plays it on xbox, do they allow cross platform? i read where xbox is going to let xbox and ps4 players play together now but i didnt know if it would work between xbox and pc. im guessing not :cry:
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

User avatar
Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3655

Post#27 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 am

Dokilar wrote:overwatch = yuck

part of me wants to believe that since its blizzard trying to branch off from its major three titles, theyll actually put forth the effort but nothing ive seen interests me. it looks like disney and pixar made a fps.


Not a Team Fortress 2 fan? hehe

Dokilar wrote:did you buy it for PC i guess? my buddy plays it on xbox, do they allow cross platform? i read where xbox is going to let xbox and ps4 players play together now but i didnt know if it would work between xbox and pc. im guessing not :cry:


Cross platform will depend on when developers code it to use it. MS just opened up the floodgates for that so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. The only game that it currently works with is Rocket League which XBOne can play vs PC players but not PS4. However PC/PS4 can play against each other. Just a matter of time before any system will be able to play against each other.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

User avatar
Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?
Posts: 5005

Post#28 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:34 pm

ive never played tf2 actually :?

i dunno, i was really unimpressed with heroes of the storm and granted theyre two different games but its just hard for me to have any faith in blizzard right now. if the game turns out half way decent i wouldnt mind giving it a whirl but thats a big if and i dunno when i would have time to even play it lol

so no cross platform for the division yet then? thats no big deal. if and when i ever decide to pick it up ill probably get it for pc anyways
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
Posts: 6819

Post#29 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:23 pm

I bought on PC. PC can only play with PC for now. Rocket League is supposed to have cross platform with Xbone "this spring".

The Division - a group of guys I played Eve with jumped in, that is the only reason I finally got it, I figured I'd have some folks to play with.

Lack of end game content - When was the last time that we played a game enough to actually run out of end game content? A decade ago in WoW? ESO, GW2, whatever other MMOs we've tried, everyone quit before we even started the end game (most folks didn't even make it to max level) so any of us complaining about possible lack of end game content are being kind of silly. The games are being designed around hardcore gamers - us working/family folks are casuals (at best) and probably won't see half the content before it is trivialized and the next content patch has already gone in.

Return to “General Game Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron