ssd problems

Open forum for all to discuss anything and everything non-game related..

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

ssd problems

Post#1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:34 am

i bought a 240 gig ssd off newegg couple weeks ago. never heard of the company, Adata?? It was on sale, $50 i think. Reviews seemed mostly positive. i was running out of storage on my samsung ssd and thought this was a pretty decent price.

anyways. i was going to use the new one for my machine and put the samsung in an older machine for my gfs daughter. so i installed windows on the new one, got it mostly all up to date i think but i just wasnt happy with the boot times. i set it up exactly like my samsung but it just seemed to take like 20 seconds longer. so i decided to wipe it and just use it as storage for the few games im playing.

everything was going well for about a week. i had a couple games installed on it but i came home one day and booted up the computer and it didnt boot. i let it sit for about 5 mins and nothing so i hit the reset switch and it finally booted. i logged in to windows and about 5 mins of idle time it locks up and i got an error message and promptly a bsod. i rebooted and again the same thing. the error message that was coming up was something to do with nvidia. i believe the file was nvtmru.exe. it said it had a conflicting resource code.

im nowhere near a computer guru so i figured the first place to start would be with the last thing i did. unplugged the new ssd and havent had any problems since. what little research i did about the error i found had something to do with and nvidia program that keeps tabs on video settings for games installed on your machine. i havent fooled with anything yet and figured id ask if anyone has ever had a similar problem or if im doing something wrong.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:51 pm

I would uninstall / reinstall the nVidia GeForce Experience. I'd also return the adata and buy another samsung drive or even kingston/ocz/intel. You get what you pay for when it comes to SSDs.

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#3 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:29 pm

yea i almost bought another samsung one but i was distracted by the size and price of the adata. i may try reinstalling windows on it and putting it in another machine.

ill try the uninstall/reinstall nvidia geforce experience before i do all that though, thanks!
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Return to “Off the Wall”