Ford A-Plan for Non Family

Open forum for all to discuss anything and everything non-game related..

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Ford A-Plan for Non Family

Post#1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 am

If anyone is looking for a new vehicle, Ford is allowing us to extend one of our annual A-Plan PINs to friends and extended family. Typically we can only do this with X-Plan which is a lesser discount.

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:10 am

What does the A-plan give you?

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#3 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:16 am

Not exact, but typically 10%-ish discount. There are some variables based on model, whether you're leasing or buying, etc. X-Plan I think 5%.

Tourniquet

Post#4 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Is there a website I can check out to see what models and numbers? I'm actually looking at buying a car soonish, but I'll admit that a Subaru is at the top of my list. Depending on what kind of a deal I can get, I could maybe be swayed.

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:08 pm

What Subaru are you looking at?

I don't think any A plan pricing is published. I think it even varies on the same models, depending on what packages/options you get on it.

No A plan on a Shelby Mustang, Focus RS, or Raptor I'm pretty sure. Just in case you were thinking any of those.

Tourniquet

Post#6 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:01 am

I've had my Pontiac now for over 16 years (wish they didn't kill off Pontiac) - I'm mainly looking at the Forester or if I found a great deal, I'd settle for the Outback. My wife's Mini is now having a lot of issues (I've spent more on fixing that car in 6 years than my car in 16 years). She would probably be more interested in a Crosstrek, but I'd try talking her into the Forester as well. Mainly I like the all wheel drive, large ground clearance, lots of interior/cargo space.

I had been following the diesel version of the Jeep Wrangler and it was supposed to come out this model year, but that hasn't happened, so I'm losing hope on that. I wanted it to come out so they could fix the new model bugs before I'd buy.

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:41 pm

If you want to wait a couple more years, you should reserve a Tesla Model 3. From what I've read, it's supposed to have a HUD. Plus even the base model will be quick, and it will be capable of Auto-Pilot.

I'm almost ready to put down the $1k to reserve one. I'm not ready to plunk down $80k+ for a Model S, but the Model 3 looks pretty sweet.

https://www.teslamotors.com/model3

Smeg
Focker
Focker

Re:

Post#8 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Tourniquet wrote:Is there a website I can check out to see what models and numbers? I'm actually looking at buying a car soonish, but I'll admit that a Subaru is at the top of my list. Depending on what kind of a deal I can get, I could maybe be swayed.

I bought a Subaru Forester 2015, last june, already 40 000 km done...good car so far. We had a smooth winter so I couldnt test the potential as much as I wanted to, but overall, I like my car.

The radio system is kinda meh tho

Return to “Off the Wall”