League

Open forum for all to discuss anything and everything non-game related..

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

blueface
Sissie
Sissie

League

Post#1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 am

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... a458502944

if you are playing anything else, take a break and check out a real game :)

fockers!
Sissie

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:43 pm

i concur with this
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

blueface
Sissie
Sissie

Post#3 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:55 pm

if you havent already checked it out.

You should have concurred!
Sissie

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#4 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm

I'll prob try it over break. I think I'd much rather try WoWP though.

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Post#5 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:44 am

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/games/league- ... f-legends/

1-4 are why I won't give League a try again (5 I don't agree with, but I was patient).

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#6 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:23 am

Play Smite.

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#7 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:26 am

well i really feel like that article should say 2 reasons why you should never play LoL since reasons 1-4 are basically the same thing, claiming that the community is garbage.

and it is, LoL is by far probably the worst community i've ever experienced. that being said they introduced a new game mode awhile back and in my endeavors playing in this mode provides a far better experience.

essentially its a looking for group queue where you can select the role and champion you want to play before you actually queue. so many times ive played a game and its been doomed from the start because the assholes in pregame chat fight with one another over what role they want to play. fortunately this mode takes that out of the equation.

so say you want to support Cano and i want to adc. we can queue as a group and select our roles and find a group thats looking for what we queued for. you can even decline and leave the group if you dont like what champions your other teammates have chosen to play, and without a penalty like there is in the normal mode.

me and xova have queued together, with him selecting top lane and me in the jungle and really the only downside is waiting maybe 5 mins for a team to form, playing a support however you get near instant group selections. anyways, not trying to sell you on the game, just letting you know there are ways to get around the toxicity and Riot has been pretty busy implementing new ways to cull the retards.

blueface
Sissie
Sissie

Post#8 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:40 am

all true, still fun game. I had to quit as it was consuming to much life.
Sissie

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#9 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 am

Tourniquet

Post#10 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:30 am

So true.

Tourniquet

Post#11 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 am

A good example of what killed LoL for me - http://www.gamebreaker.tv/games/league- ... f-legends/

Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend

Post#12 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Tourniquet wrote:A good example of what killed LoL for me - http://www.gamebreaker.tv/games/league- ... f-legends/

I definitely feel there's a very direct correlation between games that are immensely popular as spectator games, and the toxicity of their community.

League of Legends is still king (at least on Twitch) most days, and CS:GO and Dota 2 can rival it at times. Prior to this it was Starcraft 2. In all of those games, because common players see the pros play ALL the time, they in turn think they have the same level of understanding (and more laughably so, the same level of skill) so that anyone playing the game, regardless of rank, or even trying to chill in unranked matches, should be playing at a flawless level. People get so warped in their logic that they see themselves as a guy pulling $100,000+ plus in tournament money every year from these games when in fact they're liking fucking Silver League or whatever.

In short: massive popularity in watching pros playing a game leads to that game's community thinking they play on the same level as the pros (when they clearly don't) and losing their fucking minds anytime anyone makes the slightest mistake, or even no mistake whatsoever, but a perceived mistake.

I'll just slide my soap box back under my desk now.

Thread derail: Get Rocket League you fockers!
I got nothin' clever to say.

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#13 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 pm

ill add my .02 and also say that the reason i got turned off by it was indeed the community. honestly i can ignore it and be fine but it doesnt make it very enjoyable if the other people im playing with arent having a good time.

the bigger the game the bigger the assholes. i still get urges to play from time to time. i played a little bit a few months ago and theyve changed the way shit works so much it was like playing a new game.

they also kinda put in a group finder option where you can queue as the champion and role you want to be so i think that helps in at least taking away the hostility from fighting over what lane/role you want to be in.

Return to “Off the Wall”