Cell Phone

Open forum for all to discuss anything and everything non-game related..

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Post#16 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I went Tmobile and Nexus 5. Liking it so far. Super impressed that I can stream college football in HD on my phone, even with only a bar or 2 on 3G from the basement. I hope it works this well in the DC area, I'm still in MI.

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:17 am

I just got the Tmobile LG G2 (only because the nexus doesn't have wifi calling) and am liking it as well. Coming from AT&T, we'll be saving a bunch on the bill.

Lokust
Loksut!!
Loksut!!

Post#18 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:39 am

I'm still really happy with last year's galaxy S3, but debating moving to something larger like the Note 3, since I tend to use mine more as a mini tablet than I use it as a phone. On Verizon out here because it's the only carrier I can get reliable 4g coverage on in the Lansing/Jackson corridor.

I may end up sitting on it for another year to see what comes out next holiday season, unless my phone breaks, though, since I don't have any huge complaints with my Galaxy.

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#19 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 am

Yeah this time of year it's best to wait till the new round of mobile devices come out.

Mobile World Congress is in February and that's when the new announcements start coming out/leaking.

I'm still leaning heavily on a Windows phone. The Nokia 1520 is just like the Note 3. I'm not due for an upgrade until September though so who knows what will be out by then.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

Lokust
Loksut!!
Loksut!!

Post#20 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:14 am

At this point I'm invested pretty heavily in the android/google ecosystem through apps and such so I'd have a hard time switching, though the windows stuff has a certain appeal.

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#21 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 am

I went with the Tmobile JUMP! Program which allows for an upgrade after 6 months, so if something compelling comes out I'll 'jump' on it.. Ha, get it? Jump? :roll:

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#22 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Lokust wrote:At this point I'm invested pretty heavily in the android/google ecosystem through apps and such so I'd have a hard time switching, though the windows stuff has a certain appeal.

I am too with Chromebook, Phone, and Tablet. I'm just a gadget nerd and like to try everything out. Most of the everyday apps I use are free and cross-platform anyways.
Steam Profile

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#23 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Tourniquet wrote:I went Tmobile and Nexus 5. Liking it so far. Super impressed that I can stream college football in HD on my phone, even with only a bar or 2 on 3G from the basement. I hope it works this well in the DC area, I'm still in MI.

Still loving the Nexus 5? I'm torn between Note 3 and Nexus 5 right now. Making the jump to T-Mobile since they are paying out ETFs and Sprint in Michigan is the worst it has ever been.
Steam Profile

Tourniquet

Post#24 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Still loving my nexus 5 and Tmobile. Mea got one too.

Return to “Off the Wall”