Consoles are Holding PC Games Back

Posts in this forum will show as News and Announcments on the front page of the site.

Moderator: Mustangz

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Consoles are Holding PC Games Back

Post#1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend

Post#2 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:40 am

Simply put, PC games are hamstrung by the fact they have to produce games that have to be playable on an ENORMOUS variety of machine specs, whereas console games only have to make sure it runs well on the console it's being provided for. Sure, hardcore gamers constantly upgrade/replace computers with top-of-the-line equipment, but the hardcore game community is not where the largest chunk of revenue comes from these days. WoW's genius (not to turn this into a WoW thread) was that it produced a game with massive hardcore and casual appeal, and backed that up by producing a game that looks and runs well on relatively old and outdated PCs.

Also, graphics are a great hook for getting someone to try a game, but if you want word-of-mouth sales, or in the case of MMO's, recurring subscription fees, eye candy only goes so far. If your game has no substance and only nice graphics, people won't stick with it or may not even try it at all.
I got nothin' clever to say.

blueface
Sissie
Sissie

Post#3 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

I have to agree, I am more drawn into a MMO that a PC can run that I dont have to upgrade every 3 months. The fact that people invest so much into a PC blows my mind.
Sissie

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#4 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 am

holy thread necro batman
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Return to “News and Announcements”