Boards.... be movin 'em... soon.

Posts in this forum will show as News and Announcments on the front page of the site.

Moderator: Mustangz

User avatar
Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2544
Contact:

Boards.... be movin 'em... soon.

Post#1 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 am

Possibly today/tonight, or tomorrow. I don't want to pay another month for this crappy ass host, so the site should be moving within the next day and a half.

Obviously, when I'm moving it, stuff will be unavailable. Should only be down for an hour or two. Then depending on how long it takes your ISP's DNS's to update it may be up to another 24 hours before you see the site on the new host.
Last edited by Mustangz on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Aquastone
Liq-weed
Liq-weed
Posts: 551

Post#2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I wouldnt mind redesigning soon if youre into it, D. I'll work on a new header. See if I can come up with something cool.

User avatar
Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?
Posts: 5004

Re: Boards.... be movin 'em... soon.

Post#3 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Mustangz wrote:Possibly today/tonight, or tomorrow. I don't want to pay another month for this crappy ass host, so the site should be moving within the next day and a half.

Obviously, when I'm moving it, stuff will be unavailable. Should only be down for an hour or two. Then depending on how long it takes your ISP's DNS's to update it may be up to another 24 hours before you see the site on the new host.


thanks mang for taking care of us :wink:
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

User avatar
Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2544
Contact:

Post#4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Aquastone wrote:I wouldnt mind redesigning soon if youre into it, D. I'll work on a new header. See if I can come up with something cool.

That thoughts been in my mind too.... been playing around with a few ideas. We can collaborate and come up with something. Lots of pastels I think... lets start with that. :)

I've been wanting to upgrade the boards as well, there's a completely new version of phpBB out. Was hoping to do a new graphical design with that upgrade. But, our boards are somewhat modified, and it's not a simple upgrade from this version to that version install. I'm in the process of mapping out what mods I can keep, which ones I have to cut out, and which ones have to be replaced with new mods that will be compatible with the new version of the board software.

That'll come after the move...
Image

Ennjay
Almost a Focker
Almost a Focker
Posts: 192

Post#5 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:56 am

can we make the new board lavender and pink. I think it would go nicely with all the glitter I see around here.
Noah
-------
Always mess with their minds

User avatar
Beren
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
Posts: 1520

Post#6 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 am

In the new design, do we have to keep the link to the Flowers website at the bottom of every page?
Image

Zakfin
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 3332

Post#7 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:51 am

That link is perfect for us with significant others..... wife aggro... np we have a quick link to flowers ;p I know i used it quite a bit with my HWL push!

User avatar
Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2544
Contact:

Post#8 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:35 am

Beren wrote:In the new design, do we have to keep the link to the Flowers website at the bottom of every page?

I was just being ethical and leaving it there, as the original theme was designed by someone else. I modified it a bit, but the largest part of the work was done by someone else. I have some ideas floating around in my head, and I do want the new design to be much more customized, and more my design than stolen/borrowed/someone elses design.

It's a little ways off for that, but it's now in the works...
Image

User avatar
Beren
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
Posts: 1520

Post#9 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Site was down when I tried to check around 11:40am EST. Checked a few times, got page not found errors.

Maybe 15mins later I tried again, and I got a bunch of MySQL board errors on a white page. I had them copied to paste in a post.

So then an hour later the boards were working, I pasted the code in here in case it would help you. But it wouldn't submit, and then I started getting the 'can not connect to server' error. Between now and then I lost the error codes in my clipboard.

It seems to be working again now. Let's see if this post works.
Image

User avatar
Logas
I'm a Focker through and through
I'm a Focker through and through
Posts: 790

Post#10 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:40 pm

Zakfin wrote:That link is perfect for us with significant others..... wife aggro... np we have a quick link to flowers ;p I know i used it quite a bit with my HWL push!


lol...

User avatar
Beren
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
Posts: 1520

Post#11 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Mustangz wrote:I was just being ethical and leaving it there, as the original theme was designed by someone else.


Ah ha! And I was just playing, I don't really have a problem with it there. I just always wondered why, and now you have satisfied my curiosity.
Image

User avatar
Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2544
Contact:

Post#12 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Beren wrote:Site was down when I tried to check around 11:40am EST. Checked a few times, got page not found errors.

Maybe 15mins later I tried again, and I got a bunch of MySQL board errors on a white page. I had them copied to paste in a post.

So then an hour later the boards were working, I pasted the code in here in case it would help you. But it wouldn't submit, and then I started getting the 'can not connect to server' error. Between now and then I lost the error codes in my clipboard.

It seems to be working again now. Let's see if this post works.

I was not on the boards much today, but haven't noticed any issues..

did anyone else get what Beren did?
Image

User avatar
Beren
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
Posts: 1520

Post#13 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Happened again today for about 15mins. This time I saved the error.

White page, with this text:

Code: Select all

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/izkewl/public_html/deranged/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/izkewl/public_html/deranged/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/izkewl/public_html/deranged/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
Image

Chapal
The Real Deal
The Real Deal
Posts: 383

Post#14 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:10 pm

I got the same thing as beren today at 12:50ish till a little after 1pm
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/d184916a8ed6cba3.png"></a>

Return to “News and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron