Hell.....has officially frozen over

Posts in this forum will show as News and Announcments on the front page of the site.

Moderator: Mustangz

Colateral
Soccer Dad
Soccer Dad

Hell.....has officially frozen over

Post#1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Hot off the presses

It's now official: Dell has bought Alienware, making the company an independent subsidiary of Dell. According to a story on FiringSquad, Alienware CEO and co-founder Alex Agulia says him and co-founder Nelson Gonzales have taken the company as far as they can on their own, and now look for Dell to help the company grow and improve further

Mustangz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#2 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:37 pm

interesting... so I wonder if that means the Alienware machines will be reasonably priced now?

Badges
We don't need no stinkin badges
We don't need no stinkin badges

Post#3 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:47 am

I sure hope so.
We Don't Need No Stink'n Badges!

prytanis
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#4 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:03 am

Dell Help Desk Support FTW.....uh...yeah.

Does that mean XPS will disappear?

Lokust
Loksut!!
Loksut!!

Post#5 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:12 am

I've heard nothing but terrible things about how awful alienware's support was, so this is probably a good match for these two companies.

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Post#6 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:44 am

Heh, I doubt it since the Dell top of the line are just as expensive as the Alienwares are. With Dell eliminating it's high end gaming competition, if anything, we'll see the prices go higher.

Apparition
Not quite a Focker
Not quite a Focker

Post#7 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:14 am

prytanis wrote:Dell Help Desk Support FTW.....uh...yeah.

Does that mean XPS will disappear?

Funny you put it that way, I at one time worked at (ask me in game and I'll tell you) , which was contracted by Dell to sell their warranty plans and field any Dell Help Desk issues (2 seperate departments, but due to the transfer system, all incoming calls were sent to the warranty (i.e 'sales') area, basically telling the customer that if they don't have DellHelpdesk then they are utterly screwed and no mam/sir, it doesn't matter if you recieved your PC 5 minutes ago, once the computer leaves our shipper and is placed into your hands anything could have happened to the product and is beyond our control. Even if 99.9999% of any Dell related issue was in actuality a software issue, and Dell doesn't send the backup disks with the computers, so the customer is then forced to purchase the 299$ plan in order for the "brand new system" you just recieved to work properly(which is also false, Dell uses refurbished parts for any system below 899$and even then you may have gotten a new fan in it) , when they may have only payed 245$ for their computer after discounts, which they probably didn't recieve so we (the dell reps) could use the rebate towards the cost of the warranty/support, which the computer should have had to begin with. Scary part was, I was the top in sales in 3 departments ^^.

p.s I understand, being right after the holidays and all, money is tight. Hmm, do you have a Dell preferred customer account with us? no?, let me set that up for you, only take a few moments, and you can put the Dell Helpdesk as well as the warranty onto it and pay it of in monthly payments, that way I can transfer you right over to them and have your computer working for you and your family the way we had intended and seeing how this is your first system, it will open the door for any future purchases you would like to make, you had mentioned an interest in digital cameras earlier, we have quite a few on our website that are very easy to learn, even for the novice photographers. So, would you like to open the account with us? I'll only need a few pieces of information(don't mind the 29.9% apr >.>) Hello? Well everything is set, let me transer you to our technicians (a call time averaged almost 7 hours from the customer first contacting us to the point of the customer wanting to offer limbs to be off the phone, which is when I would usually get the call, calm the customer, tell them how horrible a person I am (being that I AM Dell), make them feel loved, have them apologize, get to the heart of the problem, and I give them the only solution within my power to offer them, for a price. Sorry for the ramble, sleep deprived and waiting for the veil of dawn to hit me.

Return to “News and Announcements”