Albion Online

This forum is to talk geek-like about games ... have fun.

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Albion Online

Post#1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 am

https://albiononline.com/en/home

Diablo view point (which I'm not a big fan of), not the fanciest of graphics, but that does enable being played on both PC and mobiles. There's a lot to the game though.

Hitower
Not quite a Focker
Not quite a Focker

Re: Albion Online

Post#2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Are you playing this? What are your thoughts? I am currently playing Black Desert Online. There are a lot of cool things about this game, different than many. I want to look for something different though to make sure I am not enjoying BDO just because there is nothing else!

Tourniquet

Post#3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm not currently playing - I've been on a pretty long hiatus from MMOs. The last one I played, I loved (ESO), but no one stuck with it, so it got lonely. I miss the days of MMOs though, so always on the lookout (although I won't ever have the time to play them like before). Star Citizen, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall are the three that I have high hopes for. Albion Online may have some promise though - I haven't decided yet.

Tourniquet

Post#4 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:59 am

Tourniquet

Post#5 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:16 am

3 of the guys and I picked this up and have been playing around with it. It is very much like Ultima Online - very sandbox without much guidance, no exclamation points over heads or arrows to guide you along. Not much for quests. It is more up to you to explore around, gather crafting stuff, craft stuff, and fight. The skill system is very deep and takes time/dedication to move your way up the tree towards whatever skill you want, whether it is to make an item, wear/use an item, gather the item, etc. The game doesn't come out until July, so this is a good time to get a handle on how the game functions, and what route you want to go for building your character. There are no classes, you just use the items/abilities you want and you expand up the tree in those directions. I'm not a big fan of the top down view for an MMO, but that is really my only complaint with the game.

flitwick
Almost a Focker
Almost a Focker

Post#6 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:04 pm

I gave this game a try this week. It is very nice, and makes you think on what you are trying to do. I would recommend it.
The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: Woof, oh, I'd have to say the odds of that are terribly slim, Brain.
The Brain: True.
Pinky: I mean, really, when have I ever been pondering what you've been pondering?
The Brain: To my knowledge, never.
Pinky: Exactly. So, what are the chances that this time, I'm pondering what you're pondering?
The Brain: Next to nil.
Pinky: Well, that's exactly what I'm thinking, too.
The Brain: Therefore, you ARE pondering what I'm pondering.
Pinky: Poit, I guess I am.

Return to “General Game Discussion”