Naval Action

This forum is to talk geek-like about games ... have fun.

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Naval Action

Post#1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:36 am

MMO set on naval sailing - supposed to be Eve level of sophistication.

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Xova told me he purchased, played, and requested a refund from Steam. hehe
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 am

Khasz wrote:Xova told me he purchased, played, and requested a refund from Steam. hehe

Yep, that did happen. It looks like it could end up being a terrific game. $40 for early access is quite surprising to me but wanted to give it a shot. The biggest reason BY FAR that I chose to get the refund is I simply would never have the time necessary to dump into this game to make any sort of progress. Even those who give absolutely glowing reviews admit the game is incredibly grindy. If I had a lot more time to game I would've really tried to give this game a shot. I love age of sail games, and I'll certainly keep tracking this game as it progresses and hopefully releases, but for now I'm going to steer clear.
I got nothin' clever to say.

Tourniquet

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Yea, from watching some streams, it looks just like Eve and takes some real time investment. They would easily spend an hour just to travel from one location to another (and that wasn't nearly the whole map). Which, when you have the time, that kind of playstyle can be fun, as it was in Eve, but if you don't have that kind of time, it ruins the experience.

Return to “General Game Discussion”