Fortnite

This forum is to talk geek-like about games ... have fun.

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Fortnite

Post#1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Oh look another survival game...

It looks to be better then most though.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

Tourniquet

Re: Fortnite

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 pm

After watching the long dev vid I'm pretty sure I want to play this.
Steam Profile

Tourniquet

Post#5 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 am

Yea, I think this could be a good one for us old men. No MMO crowd to try to keep up with, or leveling, gear treadmill, no kids to get out-twitched and beat up by, just plain Co-op vs AI. It hurts me to think I'm at the point where I just want to play against AI...

It should have something for the people that want the combat and something for people that want to survival and base building. You can play what amounts to a BG solo or play with friends and have your home base to mess around with whenever you feel like it, so I think it'll be good for the varying amount of playtime we often have. I plan to focus on the building/gathering aspects, so it should even let me play from places around the world where my ping sucks.

Tourniquet

Post#6 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm

here's some gameplay where the guys don't really know what they are doing (so more like what we'll look like): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PgnF7bDMT8

Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend

Post#7 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:31 pm

I'd be willing to give this game a try. I'm not usually too into base-building games, but I've also never really given them a shot with friends, so that's probably dampened my enjoyment of those types of games.
I got nothin' clever to say.

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#8 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 am

Xova wrote:I'd be willing to give this game a try. I'm not usually too into base-building games, but I've also never really given them a shot with friends, so that's probably dampened my enjoyment of those types of games.

and probably since all of them are early access and buggy messes. ;)
Steam Profile

Tourniquet

Post#9 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:46 pm

I'll be jumping into this one. I think it has great potential for folks like us. We have a large spectrum of play times, dedication, skill levels, and connection qualities and this game seems to be forgiving in all of them. We should be able solo and to play together regardless of that and have fun.

Edit: After looking into the "early access" more I think I understand it better (though I'm still a little confused). It appears that on July 25th the early access begins. The actual release is scheduled out in 2018. The actual release will be free to play and the pay model is supposed to be similar to League of Legends - you can download the game for free, you'll have several characters that you can play and you can earn everything in the game through just playing the game. You can also spend real money to buy cosmetic upgrades or boosts that help you level up faster or buy characters/weapons/items/etc that you could have bought with in game currency, you just get it immediately if you use real money vs earning it over time. Since they are allowing you to upgrade your preorder at any time between now and the end of the early access period, that would suggest to me that they are going to reset everything at real launch.

The main point I'm confused about is why do I care about 4 days earlier access if it is all going to reset anyway in 2018? Also, there seems to be a logic error in this - if you have to pre-order the game to get into the early access, and if you preorder the game you are given a 4 days early access, who is actually starting early access on July 25th? Or is it open to everyone whether you preordered or not on July 25th?

Tourniquet

Post#10 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm

If you don't know anything about the game, here's a good starting point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Au97w ... Z6d4oIuI1j

This guy has a series of videos that are pretty good at bringing you up to date.

Tourniquet

Post#11 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm

I assumed that after this early access period and the game officially launches (and becomes free to play) the characters/servers would be wiped, but in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzObh0Sz5CU)
it is stated that there will be no player wipes after the early access...

Tourniquet

Post#12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 am

I preordered this today.

Also, you can get some in-game stuff by doing this: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-U ... -survivors

Xova

Post#13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 am

Preordered as well.
I got nothin' clever to say.

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#14 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 am

Installing it now. Higgy345 on the Epic launcher.
Steam Profile

Tourniquet

Post#15 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Return to “General Game Discussion”