Rocket League

This forum is to talk geek-like about games ... have fun.

Moderators: Mustangz, Tourniquet, Badges

Tourniquet
The Grumpy Rocket Scientist

Rocket League

Post#1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 am

I saw this on twitch the other day, it looks like a lot of fun.

http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/

Xova
I'm so Focker, you can't even comprehend

Post#2 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:45 pm

This game is ridiculously fun.
I got nothin' clever to say.

Tourniquet

Post#3 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 am

I'm normally passed out at like 10pm, but we stayed up till 3am and I was still wide awake - super fun game.

Tourniquet

Post#4 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:31 am

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 pm

i was skeptical about it when xova mentioned it but you seem pretty impressed by it. ill have to give it a look i reckon
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Tourniquet

Post#6 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:03 pm

It is very painful to have gotten a few days of taste from this game and then head out of the country for a month+

For anyone that wants to see what this looks like at the top level - http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/channel/esr

I don't know how to link directly to the match, but if you look for the rocket league championship replay at that location, it shows you pretty much the top 6 players in the world, and Kronovi, who is the master at aerials. It does not disappoint.

I can't wait to get home and play.

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Just bought it and getting used to playing... use a controller for sure. The keyboard and mouse was just painful.
Steam Profile
Blizzard: Higgy345#1361
Epic, Origin, uPlay, Bethesda: Higgy345
The world needs more game launchers

Tourniquet

Post#8 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:56 am

I spent the first 3-4 days playing mouse and keyboard. I picked up an xbox controller and for the first day or so with that I was questioning if I should have stayed with M/K, but then I got used to it. I haven't had a console since the sega genesis days and even then all I ever played much was the NHL series, so I'm still not good with a controller, but is definitely makes flying easier. The precision of my turns/aiming is pretty pathetic with the controller compared to the keyboard, but overall I think it will be better in the end. There are some very high ranked people that play M/K though, so I don't think it really makes a huge difference if you put in the time to become comfortable with either one.

The first night with Xova and Caldin, I think I hurt my team more than helped with how bad I was.

I'll be home in 2 weeks, so we'll have to round up the crew and have some Deranged only matches. Even Mea thinks this game is fun - I got her a copy too.

A big bonus for the Deranged crew with this game - there is no leveling to worry about, at least leveling that improves your character, (you gain experience and level up and unlock cosmetic rewards) and no gearing up, no raiding, no enchanting/gemming your gear up, trying to keep up with a level or gear curve, crafting or anything else that takes time. You just play it like Quake or another of the early FPS games where you hop in and go and your skill is the only thing that decides how well you compete. The games are only 5 minutes long too, so it is fast.

Xova

Post#9 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:52 pm

It's on sale on Steam right now (though only 10%, so you save 2 bucks). But for those who are on the fence about it, might be worth picking up.

I definitely enjoy playing it, and as Cano pointed out, it's a nice game that you can just jump in and play, and not worry at all about progression.

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#10 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:27 am

Steam Profile

Tourniquet

Post#11 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Yea, that is a pretty crazy shot, I wonder how long he spent practicing that.

If you guys didn't see the US championship (Cosmic Aftershock vs Kings of Urban), you need to. This was as amazing as it gets. Kronovi is a streaming aerial highlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGFZk9NLaU

Tourniquet

Post#12 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:45 pm

I'll be back home in time for Friday night (Sept 11th) - who is interested in getting together for some Rocket League fun? Would be awesome to get enough for some 2v2 or 3v3 with all the fockers.

Xova

Post#13 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I'm down. Should be available Friday night and later-ish on Saturday night.

Dokilar
WTF?!?
WTF?!?

Post#14 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm

this weekend was probably the only weekend ill have off until after thanksgiving. we'll see though.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

Khasz
The Real Deal
The Real Deal

Post#15 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:01 am

Can do 4v4 with the DLC btw. I'll see what I can do to get on Friday.
Steam Profile

Return to “General Game Discussion”